Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
8 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g [Logged]Any way to enable proper linking when using fluids with different temperatures?

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Since some time (I've reported this before) Helmod doesn't properly link recipes that require specific temperatures/temp ranges. Not sure if this is a bug or a limitation of the information used to build the blocks...

Now I'm again in a situation where I'd need to use Matrix Solver across several recipes to be able to properly calculate production, but the issue is that such recipes take a fluid at a certain high temp, and return it with its temp lowered, and there's different recipes for different temps that in order to get an accurate number, should be able to be linked... but that is not happening.

In specific, I'm dealing with Py Hot Air producing recipes that require Coke Oven gas as a specific temp as input, and the return it with its temp lowered... and I can't seem to be able to link Coke Oven Gas between the different stages in the same block or across blocks.

I need to know how much of it I'll be able to produce given an amount of raw coal as input, and then including the Coke Oven gas recycling recipe, which creates a loop that takes some of the lower temp product and raises its temp again, things get complicated to calculate by hand just by entering numbers... I'd need to be able to matrix solve across all that mess, but with linking not working, it's impossible to do.

EDIT: I forgot to say that linking seems to work properly inside a block, but not across blocks in the same production line.
Example of the type of links I'm talking about -> https://imgur.com/G9ZV35X.png

What happens when I try to link -> https://imgur.com/r0S7SvO

KiwiHawk β˜†
8 months ago

No, there's no way to make this work currently sorry! It's on our list but it's a difficult problem to solve.

Yeah, linking should work okay within a block. As long as you aren't using matrix solver.

8 months ago

Gotcha, thank you! guessed as much :)

New response