Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
7 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b [Fixed]Mishandling of blocks with recipes that have loops

9 months ago

There's a bug that has been introduced somewhat recently (can't say for sure since when...) that causes Helmod to constantly reset calculated values to zero in blocks that have recipes that have loops. Same things happens with both Compute by elements and Matrix solver modes.

Basically, take for example any of pyanodon's alien life recipes for seeds to plants to seed. You need to take part of the output as input, and normally Matrix solver works for giving you the correct answer, and when initially setup the block calculates correctly. The problem arises when you edit anything, anywere in any of the other blocks in the production line: the calculation resets to zero, and you have to fiddle with the calculation method box changing it from matrix solver to by element and back to have it recalculate the correct values again... until you edit the next thing, etc etc.

Here's an example pic:

https://imgur.com/zZYWu5u

I can provide a Py save game, if needed.

KiwiHawk β˜†
9 months ago

Your screenshot shows Helmod 0.12.16
Does the issue still occur in the latest version? 0.12.18

9 months ago

Hey there, sorry for the late response.

Yes, sorry... I completely forgot I had to downgrade a few days back due to the other issue that was solved (the one reported in other thread, that caused a crash when converting a row to a block.)

I just updated and indeed, it's still happening... upon adding a new block, the one highlighted resets to zero. But now it's even worse, once it's zero, I can't make it re-calculate again, not by fiddling with the calculation method nor by unlinking and re-linking. It used to be that switching the calculation method was enough, but now it remains in zeroed for ever, and ignores any linking to the external blocks.

Also, if I delete the block that creates the moondrops (referred in the screenshot) and I try to create it again, as you'd normally do by clicking on the moondrop requirement, and adding the recipe... once it's created and linked, if I add the moondrop seeds to that block, it resets to zero and not even setting matrix solver makes it calculate correctly again.

I went ahead and uploaded the last save, in case you want to fiddle with it yourself:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uq1SJJ4lnhz7HrwXaZOESFqzdSH0PdYr/view?usp=sharing

After updating, upon loading the save I was given the choice to Sync w/Mods or Load, and I chose Load, because I didn't knew what had changed that caused the game to try re-syncing... This save I uploaded was the one I immediately created after loading when everything that happens upon load finished (i.e. the "translating" etc... part.)

If you open Helmod in that save the block that's selected should be the one I used as an example in my screenshot.

Best wishes o/

9 months ago

until Helmod 0.12.16, there are a bug, now in 0.12.18 I fixed it
you must use ctrl+click on the output item to link when it's a product and ingredient
https://imgur.com/a/W2cjsEX

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

Ah gotcha! Thank you!

EDIT: I just booted the game and checked and indeed, it is as you said! Makes sense, but I wouldn't have thought of it myself (probably!) Thanks again! Best wishes o/

New response