Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
7 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b [Logged]MJ-KW

1 year, 1 month ago

good afternoon, there was a problem, I can’t switch the calculation of energy consumption in fashion from megajoules to kilowatts, there is no switch button anywhere

1 year, 1 month ago

1 megawatt = 1 megajoule/second
1 megawatt = 1000 kilowatts

1 year, 1 month ago

You're correct, there is no button to switch. I don't see any need for it?

1 year, 1 month ago

Even if the different units have the same values, I feel there would be more consistency (or less confusion) if Helmod showed power usage with the same unit as the game does.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

The game uses both watts and joules, as appropriate. Accumulator charge is shown in joules (for example).

In Helmod, the Base time defaults to 1s. However this can be changed. When the base time is something other than 1s, referring to Helmod's values in W would be incorrect.

Example:
- Add a new Helmod production line
- Add recipe
- From the Helmod tab, select Steam engine
- Change the block to Computing by factory
- Type 1 under the Steam engine and press Enter to confirm
- Change the base time to 1min

The block is outputting 54MJ per minute. This is the same as outputting 900kJ per second. AKA outputting 900kW.
If Helmod said that the block was outputting 54MW, this would be incorrect.

https://i.imgur.com/suXNqHw.png

1 year, 1 month ago

This did get me thinking of alternatives. I could make it so power production and consumption is always displayed in Watts. This would mean in our example above, the block would change from outputting 54MJ to outputting 900kW. Changing the base time wouldn't affect this value.

10 months ago

it would be amazing!

New response