Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
15 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Pyanodon AL upgrade techs

2 years ago

Pyanodon Alien Life has a series of technologies the purpose of which is to give a permanent upgrade to a type of building. It implements this upgrade (I believe) by putting an invisible beacon on top of every building of that type, with only enough range to affect that single building, and putting a special module inside the beacon which has the upgrade bonus.

For example my Research Centers now have the Metachemoinformatics upgrade from the Research Upgrade tech which gives them +25% energy use, -20% speed, +35% productivity, +10% pollution.

Helmod doesn't know that this is happening and so my production calculations are becoming increasingly wrong as I get more and more of these bonuses.

I tried using the normal beacon support in Helmod to cheat the bonuses into place but this doesn't work, in part because Helmod won't let me add in productivity modules at all, and in part because I will eventually want to also have actual beacons in my builds and then this option would disappear anyway.

One way to support these Py features would be to let the user add custom bonuses to each building type in Helmod, and I am sure there are other ways to do it. Is this something that is likely to find its way into Helmod at all?

2 years ago

hello, it's not a bad ideas.

New response