Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
6 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Replace "Show Disabled" option with "Show unresearched"

KiwiHawk β˜†
3 years ago

In the recipe selector there is a checkbox "Show Disabled". Ticking this shows the recipes that have been disabled (by mods) as well as the recipes that will be available once they have been researched. It would be much more useful to change the checkbox to "Show unresearched" and never show disabled recipes.

It is possible to differentiate between recipes that will never be available and recipes that are not available yet but will be available once the relevant research is completed. I know it is possible because FNEI does differentiate.

3 years ago

hello
there are no attibut for unresearched recipe, it's enable or not, Helmod work with recipe, FNEI work with Item it's not the same
https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaRecipePrototype.html

I don't want search if the recipe result are a flag=hidden:true, it is not realistic when there are 10k recipes

KiwiHawk β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

FNEI does work with recipes! Once you pick an item, it will only show the recipes that can be obtained.

From recipe_list.lua:

[code]
function Recipe:create_attainable_recipes()
local ret_tb = {}
local recipe_list = Recipe:get_recipe_list()
local rec_dep = RawTech:get_recipe_list_in_tech_dependencies()
local a_tech = RawTech:get_aTech_list()

for _,recipe in pairs(recipe_list) do
if recipe.enabled then
ret_tb[recipe.name] = recipe
else
local dep = rec_dep[recipe.name] or {}

for _,tech in pairs(dep) do
    if a_tech[tech.name] then
      ret_tb[recipe.name] = recipe
      break
    end
  end
end

end

return ret_tb
end
[/code]

3 years ago

You didn't understand what I meant is that when you choose in FNEI it's an item, me it's a recipe.
the item has a flag = hidden: true attribute but not the recipe.
https://imgur.com/a/43YLZo5

I prefer that the need or the problem be clearly presented to me (ex: by screen).

so when my mod bluid recipe list with PY mod that run in 230s, add a check to find technology or recipe result (item) is available can du run 5x more, it's not acceptable.
presenting code is useless it does not indicate usage. I have 20k line of code.
I have already spent hundreds of hours on this mod and I haven't played a factorio for months.

New response