Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
16 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Steam calculations are way off

3 years ago

For some reason, I couldn't seem to get my calculations for coal liquefaction correct in vanilla play in latest stable 0.17 version. Until I noticed that boilers use an insane amount of materials as input.

https://imgur.com/a/BT6XlYE

In the image, there's just one boiler producing 60 steam per second, as they do. However, for some reason, this is listed as requiring 27 coal per second, more than half a blue belt, for just one single boiler. The same is with other fuel sources as well, with the ratio being equally high.

3 years ago

Did some digging myself, and the problem is that the mod seems to think that boilers require 1,8MW of energy to create one unit of steam. Using that as base, we can calculate 1,8MW x 60 units of steam / second = 108 MW for 60 units. Split that by 4MJ, the energy content for coal, and we get 27 coal per second.

The correct would be 1,8MW for the full output of 60 steam, or 0,03MW per unit of steam.

3 years ago

Hello
hum, I don't know if I found some time to fix that, I have fix that for Factorio 0.18 but it's not compatible and the 1.0 come soon

3 years ago

I can confirm this on my end too

3 years ago

i am on 0.17.79 still and still have this bug . will there be an update to this mod to 1.0?

3 years ago

hello
all mods for 0.18 are usable in 1.0

New response