Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
10 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Power calculations in 0.9.33?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I recently upgraded from 0.9.32 to 0.9.33. I noticed that the old energy calculator (which I used all the time) is gone and is replaced by a "select energy" button.

I can't figure out how to use it. I didn't see anything in the help.

Let's say I want to generate 5 MW with solar panels and accumulators (for night). How do I calculate the number of solar panels and accumulators I need in the new version? (This was my most common use of the old calculator, to figure out numbers when creating solar-powered remote outposts).

Also, if I have a production line and I want to power it with heat exchangers + steam generators, how do I use the energy selector within that production line to figure out the count?

I'm not sure how to set the output MW or how to factor in secondary power.

Thanks!

4 years ago

hello
It's similar at the recipe block
you put the accumulator and the solar panel
in the ouput you set the power value

you can't mix energy recipe with classic recipe (it's automatic if you choose a bad recipe, it's put in new block)

it's ok for solar electric but for another I must fix the computing
https://imgur.com/a/fQZO7Wi

4 years ago

Oh OK I think I got it for solar; thank you!!

I created a new block just for power and added solar panels and accumulators. I found I had to put accumulators first and also enable the matrix solver. Then it worked great.

Super cool. At first I thought I would miss the old way but I really like this new version.

Question: If I want to mix different types of power (e.g. solar + generators + accumulators) do I need to have them in separate blocks? I was messing around trying to change production % but couldn't get it to mix types (or is this the computing you need to work on?)

4 years ago

try v0.10.10

4 years ago

oups you use factorio 0.17, v0.10.10 is for factorio 0.18

4 years ago

i have commit v0.9.34 is same v0.10.11

New response