Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
10 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b 0.10.2: GUI not opening

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

When I try to open the GUI, I see this:

Helmod information: Model is updated to version 0.9.27
__helmod__ /data/ModelCompute.lua:288: attempt to index local 'lua_product' (a nil value)

Could you look into that, please?

4 years ago

Hello
could I have the saved game?

are you removed a mod?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

are you removed a mod?

Actually, that could be the solution. I'm testing a mod, so I copied a real game's save file to the folder with my testing version of Factorio. I only have a small part of the mods from the real game there, so lots of stuff was removed when I first loaded that file. The error occurred during testing, so I had loaded an autosave of the migrated file (that's why I didn't think of removed recipes in the first place).

Haven't looked at your code yet, but I guess you should check recipes and remove non-existing ones in on_configuration_changed().

4 years ago

this is the source of the problem, i will add a test during the auto update to bypass.
I prefer to keep the recipes chosen by the user

4 years ago

Thanks, that should help! But wouldn't just bypassing on load lead to problems if users want to see a non-existing recipe? Just curious, as you well may have a test in the display function … :-)

4 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/fOqaThS
you never know if the person made a mistake i break nothing
I updated mod you can try :)

4 years ago

Thanks, that worked wonderfully! My removed recipes don't break your mod any longer. :-)

New response