Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
8 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Pollution Statistics

4 years ago

Please add pollution statistics as a column ?
(It's a bit silly to have to export the information to another spreadsheet to be able to figure it out...)
Thanks !

4 years ago

hello the indication will be in the next release

4 years ago

Oh wow, didn't expect that to be possible so quickly, thank you !

4 years ago

added in v0.9.24
it was simple finally :)

4 years ago

Wow, you even updated it for 0.17 !
Merciiiii ! :D

4 years ago

Just a little nitpick, pollution/m/time doesn't make sense maybe ?
(Then, we also have the same issue with Energy, I wonder why I never noticed that it was in W rather than J...)

And the numbers are currently "wrong" : for instance when the base time interval is set to 1s, 1 stone furnace shows 2/m, when set to actually 1m, it shows 0.04/m.

4 years ago

when we talk about energy by time we use Watt, 1W=1J/s
you look at the result it depends on the number of machines, you can change mod settings to modify display number of machine. if machine no work, there are no pollution. you can see pollution in "Edit recipe" it don't change

4 years ago

Yes, and Watt is a unit of Power, not Energy ! :p
(Slight nitpicking, but it's like typos - this is middle/high school physics, not rocket science !)
And you also show Products & Ingredients as plain numbers, not coal/s for instance.
I guess, for even more nitpicking (maybe, at this point, quite pointless), Factories should be displayed as number.time, since they produce Products/s - see how man.hours is used IRL !

I'm not sure what you mean "you can change mod settings to modify display number of machine" ?
(There's the option for rounding to 1/2/3 digits, but what does it have to do with it ?)

The issue is how, for instance, if you want to smelt 18.75 iron plates/s, Helmod correctly tells you that you need 60 stone furnace with a base time of 1s, but the display of 120 pollution/m is weird for a 1s base time ?
It's only not weird if you change base time to 1mn
(BTW, why is it mn here, m there ? And the SI symbol is min...)
then you still correctly get 1 stone furnace for 18.75 plates, and 2/m pollution checks out.

Also, now I remembered why I usually select 1s base time : for an easy J <=> W conversion !
But now with pollution in 0.17 being per min, what do I pick ?? XD

4 years ago

It's always very nice to see new features.

However, since I'm mostly using helmod for no-biter heavily modded playthroughs (such as seablock), and with limited space available on the screen, I only have one question:

Is there a quick way to disable this (ideally, by commenting out just one line of code)?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Good point, my bad !
(Should be a setting, ideally ?)

4 years ago

yes, I will add a option and I mean move few mod settings too in a quick menu bar

4 years ago

I had this option in the preference button of the main panel

New response