Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
4 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Modules in 0.9.10

4 years ago

Hello
With the new update I cannot find how to add manually modules in blocks. I only found the button "Module Preference" but he add only one module and I cannot add the same another time after that

4 years ago

You specify how many of each type in a profile so you can have different module setups - took my some time to understand this too

4 years ago

Hello,
after setting the preferences just apply a first time on a recipe and apply on the whole block or the whole line
if you want you can set the default for new recipe
perhaps you have choose only 1 module, choose all modules and how many in the preference and the mod do the rest.

a sample to apply module quickly https://imgur.com/a/ahuQKn6
do not hesitate to indicate if it is not clear

4 years ago

@jockeril That's it, a little complicated at first, but it's so fast afterwards, in some cases a single configuration is enough for everything.
the best is to test each button to see the effect

4 years ago

Thank you I dind'nt see that we can enter a number behind the modules

4 years ago

No Problem, I must take time to update help and tutorial :)

4 years ago

Note, it only seems to work now if you press ENTER after changing a number in that module preferences dialog.
If you press another module, mouse select the next row or just click X after changing i.e. 1 to 2, it doesn't apply. Maybe add an apply button in that dialog as well?
Thanks for the great work anyhow (Y)

4 years ago

That's true for all text boxes in this mod - I've noticed this in entering amount of beacons affecting an assembly for example - wasn't like that before the module interface change though

4 years ago

Yes before you must push button now you must valid textfield
there are no event on lost focus, it s a problem

4 years ago

Well, I left a comment there and I suggest others do that as well and raise awareness to the issue so we and Wube can see just how much it is needed (if at all),

But if they are reluctant to change that, I'd rather you revert to the previous mechanic where we used to press the module we wanted as many times as needed - I think it was intuitive and easier to understand how to use, and I bet you didn't have a hard time adapting to modded buildings capable of accepting more then the normal four our less modules

4 years ago

This change is one I've tried to adapt to but simply just can't get a handle on it.

My designs are often symmetrical (Evenly numbered entities if possible) and only make use of the least needed number and tier of modules to achieve this. That means I'll have different quantities and types of modules per recipe and the priority system doesn't seem to accommodate that.

The old system where I could click on a module was agonizingly slow on larger prints at times, but provided that precision for every recipe. This is especially important with recipes that can use lower tier modules to save on resources while still requiring the same number of entities. (Ex. Where using a Mk1 speed module needs the same number of entities as the Mk2 module, but you need to try both to be sure of this.)

I'm sorry, but It was more intuitive how it used to be. I can't think of any reason I'd want to use the same subset of modules for every recipe when the number of slots can also differ and throw off the goal I'm attempting to achieve. I'd be highly in favor of reverting the change or providing a mod setting to restore that functionality, as I've honestly stopped using Helmod since this change.

Also of note, having too many configurations can cause the button to add more to be hidden behind the modules. The testing methodology really fell apart when I tried to create more than six module sets and couldn't click the plus sign behind the module buttons. This I imagine is an even greater nightmare for mods that utilize many different types and tiers of modules, where a dozen configuration types is normal.

I'm trying not to be overly critical, as your mod has been instrumental in some of my greatest designs with absolute precision using the least amount of resources possible; It's just this one change in particular that has turned it from my most utilized mod into something I seldom open anymore. Unless there's something I've missed, I'd really like to see a new mod setting to choose either method as both systems do have their merits.

4 years ago

hello, I took note of your remarks
@jockeril: I will not come back but put the 2 method will be better
@Yucie: do not wait to make your comments. it is true that in some cases it is simpler the unitary choice.
I also thought I could choose unitarily on a configuration, will that be appropriate?

4 years ago

A mod configuration/setting to choose either the new module method or the older one would be very much appreciated. This way people can have the choice of which one they prefer without taking anything away. Options are always welcome and your mod has certainly provided a lot of choice to help players create their perfect design with their preferred method.

4 years ago

v0.9.18 Added module selection unit (selector or priority)
for new and old module settings
a priority module can be click to add also one module :)

New response