Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
14 hours ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Friend keeps getting de synced in MP.

4 years ago

My friend keeps getting de synced every time he interacts with the mod in my server. I would like to send/upload his de sync report.

Here is the report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UIkjKEIvoKGIdVC2W3X3wbHdaSzHUuMF/view?usp=sharing

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have try your save in MP and I have not reproduce desync
you can try this:
1. Your friend must run this in the console: /helmod ResetTranslate
2. Disable in mod settings "Filter with translated string"
3. restart server

me I play in MP and I have no desync, perhaps It s a language problem

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I played with friend and I just had a desync in MP, very strange because after the restart server it worked normally

4 years ago

I know this is almost a month old, still, wanted to add something:
Im running helmod on a linux headless server, with more other mods, sure.
Everyone (including me) will get desynced once I open certain interfaces, like to pick a recipe.
When I connect locally and open that interface (pick recipe), the whole server hangs for 2 seconds.

Server is running fixed tick rate, so I'm trying to turn that off for now, see if it stops the desync.

My assumption is that there is maybe too much syncing going on, but can't find out whether I could find proof for that / in which logs I should look, without logging the exact upd packets themselves.

Big big maybe, if you feel like working on the mod, consider something like a pure clientside / offline-mode where stuff only gets calculated per-player without server interaction?

PS: thanks for your great work ;) Love what the mod does to more complex playthroughs.

4 years ago

it is not possible to make an UI that client side
I know which part of the code is causing the desync and I'm going to have to use the Global variable
it will take some time

4 years ago

Hey, thanks for the fast reply.

I used your 3 steps above and it certainly helped.

Also I used the administration-tab to reset RWX-Permissions, that helped, too.
That said - the desyncs are somehow related to checking the R-box it seems. Didn't try the others.
I don't have a personal lag when browsing recipes anymore, still, desyncs happen from time to time.

And I wanted to add - The amount of recipes on the server might interfere?
We are using Pyanodons mods, which adds quite alot.

Just take your time, you already did great work with the mod!

New response