Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
5 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Cyclic crafting recipes unable to set output

5 years ago

I've found that when creating a production block where the recipe uses the output (eg. some angels recipes, 6 ingots + other materials = 24 ingots), you cannot set the output, it disables the button. I think your mod is identifying the ingots as being an ingredient in the recipe instead of a product, although it still displays the product, just that it's not editable. A few notes on this:

It still calculates the appropriate output. It's a pain to set-up, because the process required to do this is to add a dummy recipe for the ingot that does NOT use it's own ingot (one of the lower-tier recipes), and then remove the cyclic recipe from the production block (if you don't do this, the output setting remains disabled, regardless of the ordering of the recipes and whether or not the cyclic recipe is being used).

Then you can set the output to whatever you want. For me, I set to one green-belt of output (66.66).

Then you need to add the cyclic recipe, move it to the top of the list, and remove the dummy recipe. This will disable changing of the output, but it will stay set to the value that you chose (66.66). The output will then show in red as "excess product" because the actual production is more than you specified, but after subtracting the feedback ingots, the net result should be exactly as you set earlier (in my case, total output of 88.9, 22.3 consumed in recipe for a net of 66.7 external production).

At this point, all the rest of your mod's calculations work fine. It's just difficult to go back and change the output size because you need to go through the above process over and over.

It might be a tricky fix, and there are recipes in the game that are cyclic but net-negative (consume more of their product than they produce), so you would need to check that the recipe in question is actually creating a net-gain.

Also just one other note from when I was learning my way around this mod, being able to click on the production block tab and seeing it always empty was quite confusing for me, it seems like it's only used when accessing a production block from the production line. Is there any way to disable manual clicking of the production block tab? It doesn't seem like it should be accessible on it's own.

Thanks for a great mod!

5 years ago

I am in the process of modifying the mod after 8 months of break.
the mod search the product is supposed to be modifiable but sometimes it is impossible.
lastly I had an idea, do the block calculation with the first recipe for 1 cycle (as a unit vector of the block).
after you could choose any parameter, product, ingredient, assembler in the block and apply this factor to the whole block.
I tried to do this before the 0.17

New response