Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory

by Helfima

Assistant for planning your factory. Can calculate required ingredients, products, machines, modules, and beacons. Can also calculate power production / consumption.

Utilities
a day ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Ability to use raw ingredients like iron ore

7 years ago

Would it be possible to let Helmod support mining drills and pumpjacks, along with other "miner" type buildings that pull up raw resources? Knowing how many drills are needed to supply iron smelting and the like would be quite helpful.

7 years ago

hello
Can you specify the mods?

7 years ago

No mods, just the baseline game. An example is if I have iron plate as the final product, the mod will tell me how many furnaces I need to smelt the ore. However, if I click on the iron ore icon like I would normally for other ingredients, it comes up with the "recipe selector" and there is no recipe in the baseline game to create iron ore.

7 years ago

ah ok, u can see in summary tab to find mining drill and pumpjack
it's not a recipe, perhaps i must move from summary!

7 years ago

It took me a little bit to find the summary tab. I wasn't aware of what was in there. Yeah, moving it from the summary tab into the production line itself would be helpful.

I'm not sure if this next part should be in here, but I've noticed Helmod does not handle recipes with multiple outputs very well. The base game has oil refining as an example of that. If I take a product like rocket fuel and then trace it back, it is made with solid fuel and solid fuel can be made with any of heavy oil, light oil, or petroleum gas. But if I tell the mod that I want it to make all heavy oil, light oil, and petroleum gas into solid fuel, it only does calculations for one of those recipes. Could there be some time where the mod better handles recipes with multiple outputs?

New response