Heat furnace

by ElAdamo

It's getting hot in here (so hot!), so take out all your coals.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

i [Considering Implementation] change for its stats?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I liked the mod a lot and thanks for the implementation (I am the one from forum about asking the heat furnace).

my minor and personal issue is the effectivity of this. right now it is almost identical with electric furnace in output but over-expensive for maintenance and setup. maybe too harsh but there is no reason to use this if I go with nuclear power because it is identical with electric furnace. also it is very expensive compared to electric furnace. 5 heat pipe is 50 steel so electric furnace costs 10 steel but this furnace costs 60 steel. I feel it should be rewarding player somehow for spending extra resources for setting up a uranium setup which is absolute necessity for this furnace setup (where as electric furnace's power can be solar, steam source like coal, solid fuel etc)

what could be different? just ideas:
- speed?
- lower base energy? 120kw?
- lower cost (currently 60 steel!)
- no module/beacon support but sth from above to make it more appealing and different than electric furnace?
- sth else?...

regardless of above, this is a very good mod. thanks a lot.

4 years ago

Thanks for your feedback and interest! Since they eliminated efficiencies, there is no difference in how energy types come out, but with Adamo Physics the direct use of heat is nearly twice as efficient as the use of electricity. So there is that, but this only affects the 100 or so players who use my physics mod.

I will take your ideas into account. I just started a big time devops job, so I will be busy for a while, but will definitely give balancing a big rethink at some point in the near future, as I am already planning to fix a few other things in my other mods.

Thanks again for your interest and taking the time to share your ideas.

4 years ago

hi. I wanted to give some ideas about the changes I made on the furnace in my local game.
I compared it to a regular electric furnace with/without beacons around and tried to make up an expensive alternate for smelting.

changes made:
- no module slot, no effects are allowed. it is identical to steel furnace
- speed is 6
- internal capacity is 8MW (a reactor supports 5 of these)
- recipe changed: requires 1 electric furnace, 5 heat pipe, 100 concrete, 5 blue circuit

I am not saying it is balanced like this but it is a very nice alternate for me instead of boring beacon+furnace setups.

thanks for your mod again.

3 years ago

I've added your specifications to be looked at for a possible rebalance for next release. Thanks for the feedback.

New response