Lua API global Variable Viewer (gvv)

by x2605

This is a debugging tool. This mod adds commands /gvv and others and a hotkey(Ctrl+Shift+V) to allow you to check _G and global table of map or each mods. Only admins can use command if it is multiplay game. You have to input some code for temporary accessibility or have to edit "control.lua" of other mod or map to access global table of the mod or map. See "Helper" tab for instructions.

Utilities
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Right click to add new watch item.

3 years ago

In the first tab, the right click opens a popup, but it's not editable.
I prefer to right click it, edit the lua code inside it directly, then enter or click the green button, and a new watch item is push to the bottom of the list.
Now, I have to copy the whole thing and edit outside the game. That is still good enough.

Btw, did I use the mod in the correct way? I tried it on mtn fortress scenario but I didn't find any global variables. I knew there are some global, at least a player list to track how long the players have played. Any suggestions? Thanks.

3 years ago

Thanks for feedback. I designed it only for copying. Because I don't want whole texts to be removed by mistyping while selected all. I'll consider a way to improve that.

I've already tested this on comfy mtn fortress personally. It seems sometimes generates bad global entry that LuaRemote cannot bring. In that case, nothing will show on global tab.
Try "troubleshooting" - "clean up" for "level". (type "level" manually.) If there is "error" entries, that means they were making errors on LuaRemote.
Clean up may can remove them and may make global screen accessible.
Few weird ways to handle global table might make the game still playable, but LuaRemote cannot handle that. Some of such ways also cause desyncs or problems.

New response