Glass Furnace


Adds a dedicated glass furnace to work in conjunction with mods that include any type of glass. The furnace has graphics by Hurricane046 and custom sound design.

Content
a month ago
2.0 - 2.1
452
Manufacturing

i Configurable Stats?

8 days ago

Hello! I've been looking into your mod and I'm liking what I'm seeing, but I am noticing that in my current mod-pack set up, it cannot really stand out amongst the other options, leading to my suggestion of possibly adding config options for changing the stats of the building? Most notably the Base Productivity, since it's +15% is quite weak/doesn't match the +50% of most Space age buildings.

In my mod pack for instance, the only thing it is the best at making is Heavy Glass, due to no other machines that can craft it having base productivity, Maraxsis' Reinforced Glass can be made with the Foundry, and mods like Calciner and Big Heat Furnace outclass it for the furnace smelted-glasses.

In my opinion, a hyper-specialized machine like this should be the best at its dedicated task. (or at least on par with more expensive/advanced options.)

7 days ago

Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you're liking it. I think the +15% is appropriate given the building's power consumption and where the furnace is unlocked in the tech tree. The EMP plant from Space Age, for example, has +50% productivity but also consumes over 4 times as much power. The furnace is unlocked early enough that +50% would be too much and wouldn't be consistent with other early/mid game buildings, aside from a few overpowered mods out there.

7 days ago

While the glass furnace is technically unlocked early on in the tech tree, in my mod pack, all the glasses are from planets post-Volcanus, so it is defacto a building on that tier in my pack, hence why I'm asking for the configurable option for its base productivity, so mod pack creators can tweak it based on their mod pack's circumstances. Of course the +15% you have currently can be the default value, but having the ability to change it wouldn't hurt.

New response