Ghost Pipette deprecated

Adds ghost-related functionality like pipette, rotation, selection.

Content
6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16
Blueprints

g Finally!!

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I build everything from the network and it has driven me nuts for years that I have to carry single items around so I can pick one up to ghost it. Such a waste of inventory space! Might as well carry full stacks and do it myself. With the new pipette tool, I was hoping it would allow us to pick up things we didn't have in inventory to lay ghosts, but no deal. So, thanks for making this.

Any reason the temporary blueprint thing couldn't just be "q"? Say, when I press "q", if I don't have the item in my inventory, instead of the you-can't-do-that sound, I get a temporary blueprint of whatever I would have gotten if I'd had it in my inventory.

Could you make temp BPs of mining drills when cursoring over ore patches, like Vanilla does with "q"?

In the Shift-E menu, it gives options for non-vanilla things I don't have, like player port, loaders, energy interface.

After I've finished using temp BP, it leaves a "Temporary Blueprint" in Inventory, which is annoying. As a consequence, if inventory is full and I create a temp BP, I can't get rid of it with "q", which is way more annoying, and could require a player to place a whole stack of items down just to make space for the temp BP to get an empty cursor again.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ok let me adress all your points. I'll probably also write all of this into the mod description later.

First, you can change custom hotkeys in the settings, see Options -> Controls -> Mods. Change the hotkey to 'q' if you like.

The feature to give you a temp bp of mining drills when you're selecting ore patches might be implemented later, but for now the shift+e workflow is already very fast. It's more trouble to implement than you would think because with mods that introduce more mining drills I somehow have to determine which mining drill the player wants, which is not hard but effort.

The non-vanilla entities I will hopefully remove later, but it's a bit complicated to implement right now; I havent found a way to distinguish between the vanilla and non-vanilla entities properly. I could exclude them by name but especially with the loaders that would lead to weird interaction with other mods.

You dont need to delete the temporary blueprint. My system will grab an empty blueprint or a blueprint with the name "Temporary Blueprint" from your inventory and move that one to your cursor if you request a blueprint via shift+q or shift+e. Only if none of those exist will it create a new blueprint item in your cursor. So it will only take a single item stack in your inventory, which I think is fair. I just found out how I would implement it to completely remove the blueprint, I'll probably change my system later.

As a general note, while I was working on this mod, there was a post on reddit which makes it seem very likely that 0.16 will release soon. The new version might contain the UI changes they promised long ago, which would make part of this mod unnecessary. So I'll wait until the new version releases before I add new features. Your feedback is still appreciated of course.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

So 0.16 released and UI changes didn't happen, which means this mod is still relevant and accordingly I've updated the mod.

In my new version, the temporary blueprints will disappear when you clean your cursor.

I'm still too lazy to do the mining drills thing.

New response