Somebody light a match.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Manufacturing

g FAQs or manuals

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Could you add some manuals or FAQs to use this furnace? I hooked it into a crude oil tank (which has fuel_value of 1.4MJ) and it still complains that there is no fuel. I hooked your gas-fired boiler to crude oil and it works just fine, so I was thinking that there is no difference with this furnace

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

A reasonable request. For now I'll just explain that you're probably hooking up the crude oil to the ingredient input instead of the fuel input. Unfortunately, the game engine does not generate an "in arrow" at the fluid fuel input. The input and output arrows are only generated for the ingredient input/outputs. To hook up fuel, run your fluid fuel line up to either side that does not have an arrow.

If you accidentally loaded crude oil into the ingredient chamber, expect the furnace to output some solid fuel once you power it. The fluid ingredient input is an experimental feature I added to this furnace, and since this is a "furnace" prototype, the recipe is auto-selected, so it selects whatever recipe it can find with the fluid you put into it (in this case crude oil) based on the recipe's sorting order. For most oils this turns out to be solid fuel.

And yes, it does mean I tend to use these to make solid fuel in my games. :) Or as part of my rocket fuel chain.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I finally managed to make it work; yes, apparently I hooked the fuel pipe to the 'input line' and didn't aware that the 'unmarked' sides of the furnace are connectable to pipes and are the input line for liquid fuel. You may also want to mark those sides with double arrows like on the water in/out on the vanilla boiler. Other than that, this furnace is great and can simplify logistics burden before the electric furnace researched

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The engine doesn't mark those, unfortunately. Nothing I can do about it. I already brought it up to the devs.

And thanks!

New response