Fuel category compatibility

This mod adds fuel category compatibility between various mods. Split from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/K2-equipment-compatibility

Content
20 days ago
Transportation

g [added] IR3 + Rampant Arsenal

8 months ago

I'm playing with Industrial Revolution 3 and Rampant Arsenal (companion mod to Rampant). The latter adds an "Advanced Car" but in my game it only takes the basic burner-tier fuels. I intended on making a personal compatibility patch mod for myself, but I've never written mods for Factorio and the wiki tutorials aren't specific to my situation.

I see that in Rampant Arsenal, advCar's energySource's fuel_category is "chemical" and in IR3, the default_vehicle_fuel_categories are "steam-cell", "canister", "barrel", "battery".

If it's relatively painless for you to add these two to your compatibility mod, I would vastly appreciate it. I'd also just be good with being pointed to resources to make a mod similar to yours since I've inspected yours as well—my barrier is that I don't yet know if I've identified everything necessary and can just change some strings, or if there's a lot of little bits I don't realize also need to be changed and I'll be banging my head against a wall for too many hours.

8 months ago

The request for putting it into your mod still stands, but just know that you don't need to get back to me—I got a mini-version of your mod working for myself!

8 months ago

Shouldn't be too hard. Sorry for not seeing your first message sooner. Let me see what I can do.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

New version up. Seems to be working correctly on my side. Let me know if there are any issues or if you want any changes.
EDIT: Never mind for the moment. Found a bug.

8 months ago

Okay, actually got it working this time.

New response