Flip Dots

by Octapoo

Flip dots that can be used to create flip-dot displays.

Content
2 months ago
Circuit network

b Startup crash when used with other Mods

1 year, 9 months ago

I am getting a startup crash. Probably because of my combination of mods.

https://imgur.com/uOreGAU

1 year, 9 months ago

I added some code that should resolve this. If not then please post the full list of all of the mods that you're using.

Inlaid Lamps decided to put the small-lamp into a group named "lamps" whereas I chose "lamp." It's not in a group by default so if you want fast replace to work you have to put it in one. I'd argue my choice is better since all but one of the default groups is named with a singular word, e.g. all of the inserters are in a group named "inserter" with no "s," but the name doesn't really matter, so I just added some code to run after all of the other mods and check if any other mod changed the name of the group that lamps are in, and if so, just put the flip dots into that same group. That seemed like the most compatible thing I could do in case this same issue might affect other mods.

You can't upgrade planner the inlaid lamps to flip dots unfortunately, as the game has strict rules about what can go in the upgrade planner and it won't allow inlaid lamps into it since their collision box isn't identical to the default lamp. However, you can still use fast-replace to change inlaid lamps to flip dots, or flip dots back to inlaid lamps.

1 year, 9 months ago

I have gotten the same error as above but in my case i got mod error with

Integrated Circuitry
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/integratedCircuitryFixed

and Dectorio

Dectorio could be avoided by disabling additional signals ( and maybe glowing lamp )

1 year, 9 months ago

I added some more code that should resolve your problem with Integrated Circuitry.

Dectorio doesn't seem to have any incompatibility. If you load it, Integrated Circuitry, and flip-dots_0.0.4, the game will list Dectorio as a mod to disable, but it doesn't seem to be involved in the problem at all. With the latest version, it loads fine either with flip-dots alone or with Integrated Circuitry as well.

So if you still have a problem with it, I guess I'll need to know your exact settings for it. I looked at the settings but it looked like everything was enabled by default so I didn't change any of them.

1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks . it all works / loads fine.

New response