Far Reach

by Fexx

Build, interact and mine on the entire screen. Distances are customizable. Substitute for non-maintained mods like Long Reach.

Utilities
7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Bug and compatibility issue

5 years ago

First off, there is a bug with the ability to destroy items in map view, which normally is not possible. if you hold down right-click to destroy a ghost tile while in map view, you can continue to destroy ghost and non-ghost tiles as long as you hold down your mouse button.

Also, there seems to be an issue with this mod and RPG System. The RPG System mod adds the ability to level up and choose certain perks. One of those perks is the extension of your reach, and every time you level up and confirm whatever perk you choose, even if it is not the perk for longer reach, it overrides the Far Reach mod, causing it to no longer function properly. To fix this, you have to go into mod settings and change the Far Reach mod values by +-1. I understand this may not be fixable, but I thought i'd let you know regardless.

5 years ago

Hi, thanks for your report.

To the first issue: This appears to be possible with vanilla as well, so this is not a far-reach specific thing, but possible in general. Still interesting though.

To the second: Yeah, when there are multiple mods that override character reach, the one with the last write wins. Not much to be done about that. In theory, I could override the reach settings more often, but in the end, I don't see a foolproof method to ensure that far-reach always 'wins'. As you said, you can just go the mod settings (afaik, you don't have to change any value, just confirm), I hope that's not too much of a hassle.

This thread has been locked.