Factorissimo 2 - notnotmelon fork 🍴

A fork of Factorissimo 2 focused on improving performance by implementing several 1.1 features. Can improve performance by 10X or higher. Also fixes several bugs from the original version.

Content
1 year, 4 months ago
Logistics

b [fixed] spidertron engineer dies on entry

1 year, 9 months ago

spidertron engineer dies on entry or exit to most factories most of the time i haven't been able to figure out the condition for living but nested factories seem to live more often so i think it has tot do with the transition between layers but im guessing. i dont know how to make a log for not a crash so if you have ideas let me know

1 year, 9 months ago

also really love the optimization work on the factories but is there any way to block bots from moving between factories ?

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

If you're having problems with bots moving between factories,
Mod Settings > Map > Single Surface > OFF

1 year, 9 months ago

Can you send your save so I can fix the issue?

1 year, 9 months ago

does the single surface help with performance or does it matter?

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/37b19079-9c40-42e4-9b2a-a5c8e2df990e

1 year, 9 months ago

I presume (without looking into it) that this is probably a fault in Spidertron Engineer. It is very strict about the player’s interaction with the spidertron so I wouldn’t be surprised if teleporting the spidertron makes it mess up somehow.

1 year, 9 months ago

maybe but it didnt with the previous factresmo but i also could not walk in as a spidertron so im trying to look at how this one does it before i toss it back to spidertron engineer to try to recover from

1 year, 9 months ago

Previous Factorissimo didn’t teleport the spider, you had to get out before entering the factories. The new behaviour of teleporting is presumably what’s causing the problem.

1 year, 9 months ago

yeah i was wondering what was different between moving between layers and not i suppose

1 year, 9 months ago

Ok I had a look at it and I see that the spidertrons are moved into the factorio buildings by LuaEntity.clone() so it isn't surprising that Spidertron Engineer stops working. This approach will also cause some (minor) problems with Spidertron Weapon Switcher and Spidertron Enhancements. For the compatibility to work it should use LuaEntity.teleport() or expose a remote interface like https://github.com/tburrows13/SpidertronWeaponSwitcher#mod-compatibility so that I can transfer data to be associated with the new spidertron entity.

1 year, 9 months ago

Just to be clear, the spidertron is teleported with LuaEntity.teleport() already, except for the case when the spider changed surface. LuaEntity.teleport() does not support cross surface for spiders.

1 year, 9 months ago

I'll see what I can do about that remote interface

1 year, 9 months ago

thank you your awesome just knowing a direction to go is enough since it is likely more on how spidrtron engineer is implemented

1 year, 9 months ago

you could simply block spider tron from entering cross layer factories for a fast patch.

1 year, 9 months ago

Fixed in 1.1.12
No remote interface necessary, I found that I could just teleport the spidertron twice in the same tick and I don't need to call LuaEntity.remove()

1 year, 9 months ago

awesome job your amazing also love the oddly simple solution

1 year, 9 months ago

For anyone wondering, this workaround was needed because spidertron cross-surface teleporting was bugged. It’s now been fixed for 1.1.65: https://forums.factorio.com/103067.

1 year, 9 months ago

i love the factorio devs
thank you for the info

New response