FactorioHD:Modpack

Replaces vanilla sprites with higher resolution versions created with machine learning. This mod does nothing on it's own.

Mod packs
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

b error mesage

1 year, 4 months ago

Failed to load mods: File not found: factoriohd_terrain/data/base/graphics/terrain/hazard-concrete-left/hazard-concrete-left.png

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Same issue on Steam Deck Linux, i suppose you are also running this on Linux?
No issue on Windows or macOS with same exact mods.
Downloaded multiple times, alway get same error of File not found: __factoriohd_terrain__/data/base/graphics/terrain/hazard-concrete-left/hazard-concrete-left.png

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Cross-posting for others that ends here, this helped me understand the issue: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/factoriohd_logistics/discussion/60c1cd0177457f7dd7943e11

Indeed if your game recognize a system with less than 2GB of VRAM it may set the texture settings to "low". A possibly faulty config in this mod will make the game look for regular file resources that are not present.
To fix this you need to extract the mod zip and change factoriohd_terrain_0.0.7/config.lua , lines 13 to 16, needs to end with {["hr-*"] = {},} like:

["concrete"] = {["hr-*"] = {},},
            ["stone-path"] = {["hr-*"] = {},},
            ["hazard-concrete-left"] = {["hr-*"] = {},},
            ["hazard-concrete-right"] = {["hr-*"] = {},},

same for factoriohd_logistics_0.0.8/config.lua, line 17 needs to be changed from:

["combinator"] = { ["hr-*"] = {}, ["remnants"] = {},}, 

to

["combinator"] = { ["hr-*"] = {}, ["remnants"] = { ["hr-*"] = {}, },}, 

I have no knowledge about this but it seems to instruct the client on which kind of HR or regular resources the mod is exposing. If your game graphic settings are set to low, the games tries to search for low resolution graphics in that mode, but the mod is only exposing HR png, so it crashes.
Specify the { ["hr-*"] = {}, } seems to ensure that the game will know that no base graphic file are there, thus it should work.
Again this is just guessing.

Anyway this is mostly needed for multiplayer games like in my case, where all the other players are on high-end PCs where the mod works flawlessly as the texture are set to high. Otherwise you can just disable the mod... But anyway if other users stumble on this, like in case of a Steam Deck, hope it helps!

Sadly if this is not fixed upstream you would need to share the patched mods with others and the server to have this work. I've just got it working on the Deck, i still need to try to share it with others and push on the server. Hope it doesn't get overridden.

@RedViperPT do you might have time to push this fix? Assuming i got it right. At least my copy seems to run now with the mod enabled.

1 year, 1 month ago

Just to update: patched mods work perfectly fine on server, shared with other users for a multiplayer game with windows, mac and linux users.

1 year, 29 days ago

Just to update: patched mods work perfectly fine on server, shared with other users for a multiplayer game with windows, mac and linux users.

Hello @stockmind, I haven't been active the last couple of months and only now read the posts.

Thank you for posting a fix! I'll be updating the mod as soon as I'm able.

New response