Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

b Strange deserts and lakes in eastern USA

2 years ago

I don't know how to submit images here but it seems like the map generation is bugged. I am playing on a 1:200 scale world, and have unlocked most of the eastern part of the United States. But there's still some patches not explored yet, and when I uncover them, I get a starkly different environment than what's around it. There is a desert in southern Georgia (the state) and eastern Kentucky, and a lake in northern Florida. I don't know what to do to fix this.

2 years ago

You can report a bug on github https://github.com/TheOddler/FactorioWorld/issues and you can post images there. It's hard to imagine what you mean.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I did further digging into this, and I noticed my mod settings were sent back to the defaults! What should be Florida seems to be in or southeast of Somalia! What is the correct "map scale" for a 1:200 scale, and how do I convert latitude/longitude to coordinates on the mod settings?

New response