Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g how to calculate my home town?

3 years ago

i live in chile south america so i put lima and read the X and Y coordinates, compare that with a world map latitude and longitude and calculate the coordinates for santiago of chile but when i input thus coordinates i end up in the middle of the ocean so im here to ask how the hell can i claculate the coordinates for santiago of chile? or anyone can do it for me and tell me how you did it?

any help is apreciate

3 years ago

Yes, currently the coordinate system is a bit arbitrary. But someone here figure out a way to calculate it: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/factorio-world/discussion/5f61f36f062b76f306ef475a

Hope that helps!

3 years ago

i use a rule of 3 with this tbh im reading the post too but i read it previously and did not get it too much

["South America, Lima Peru"] = ingame: { x = 1160, y = 1035 }, irl: [-12.045, -77.042]

["South America, Santiago Chile"] = ingame: { x = ?, y = ? }, irl: [-33.451, -70.668]

3 years ago

love the mod btw is fucking awesome

3 years ago

Rule of 3 should work too indeed. Some day I'll probably implement this calculation myself in the settings, but that would be a breaking change, so will at least be in a major version number. And not sure when I'll have the time.

New response