Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Easter Island / Hanga Roa

3 years ago

Hello!
Before anything I want to congratulate you for this awesome mod and your programming skills!.
I love this mod.

Sorry for this silly request but... What I need help with is...
I can't manage to spawn the Easter Island. Yeah, it's a TINY island and it's obvious why it's ignored lol.
Can you help me find a recommended map size (including the Detailed map option) to make it spawn?.

I has been trying all day, increasing the size little by little, and still can't spawn it. My potato machine makes this task really slow going into the ocean and calculating by eye.
If you can help me even with the CORDS to spawn there, that will reduce my search for the ideal size by a ton.

Thank you.

3 years ago

Hmm, I'm not sure it's on there. Where is it? I'm using "Natural Earth II with Shaded Relief, Water, and Drainages" from http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-raster-data/10m-natural-earth-2/

And it's being scaled down before converting, and then scaled up again in-game, but detail will be lost. If it's on the original map I may have compressed it away :s If not, there is no way for me to add it.

Have you tried using the more detailed map? There is an option in the mod-settings for that. It will use more memory and be slower to load, but has double the resolution so maybe that will show the Easter Island.

New response