Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Love this mod!

3 years ago

I have to say that I really love this mod!

It just adds something extra to the game that gives it some "meaning" (even though there's not another person on the entire planet, there's alien bugs, etc.)

Personally, I find a scale factor=8 to be the right size for me (with "repeat map" disabled and "use more detailed map data" enabled)

I worked out that custom spawn (x, y) = (1030, 510) started me around Chicago, IL

After 100+ hours I have mini-bases setup around Chicago, NYC, Boston, Los Angeles, Denver, Kansas City, etc. with train connections. Still trying to fully automate things where we each metro area is responsible for the main production of specific things, sending and receiving train loads of stuff using TSM mod, but am slowly getting there.

Anyway, hats off to The Oddler for creating this awesome mod!

3 years ago

Happy to hear you like it!

I'm from Belgium, so I usually start there on the map, so it's a lot of fun to actually know the names of the places you're at. Like I made Spain and Portugal into a huge solar farm, it's just fun knowing it's in Spain and Portugal. Sounds like you're having a similar experience, knowing where Chicago, NYC, etc are.

Thanks for the nice words :D

New response