Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g 1.0 compatibility and server use

3 years ago

I run a server for friends and there has been discussion to refresh our map. Is this compatible with 1.0 and if I create the map on local machine using this mod can i use the map on the server without the mod?

Thank you

3 years ago

It should be compatible with 1.0 yes, all 0.18 mods are. Haven't personally tested yet, but should be fine.

This mods changes the map at runtime, so only discovered parts of the map will turn into the earth. If you would first play a bit with the mod, and then disable it, any new part that is generated will use the default map-generation then, so won't look like the earth any more. So won't really work without the mod in multiplayer, not for any newly discovered parts at least.

3 years ago

So after some time finding my home state I saved my fresh game with the few mods I want and uploaded to my headless server. Was able to load mods and sync which was promising. However I found that once I left the pregenerated area of my save it generated map, I assume based on seed. This is unfortunate was looking forward to using it on my server. I wish there was a way to generate a huge area as if the player had visited without using console. I'm going to try reloading again and see if it continues. I had assumed that if I copy the mod files with listings it should work. Oh well. If you have any insight do feel free to respond.

3 years ago

As it currently stands it indeed only changes the already generated parts. The mod needs to be active to change the new parts as well.

Maybe there is a different mod that allows for generating the world outside of your view? As long as the "chunk generated" event is fired this mod should overwrite it.

New response