Factorio Codex

by sfyb

Adds a Satisfactory like codex with quick search to Factorio, which can act as a calculator and display information about items, recipes, technologies and factories

Utilities
a month ago

b [Fixed]Error after clicking on research

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi, i was just trying your mod and randomly search something to see it working and
then i click on Bobs toolbelt researches and the game crashed to mian menu.
And the translation think didn't happen on first load - i needed to save and load again.

The mod Factorio Codex (0.0.18) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event factorio-codex::on_gui_selection_state_changed (ID 60)
factorio-codex/build/codex/Categories.lua:69: attempt to index field 'categories' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
factorio-codex/build/codex/Categories.lua:69: in function 'build_gui'
factorio-codex/build/Codex.lua:152: in function 'build_gui'
factorio-codex/build/Codex.lua:168: in function 'open'
factorio-codex/build/Codex.lua:302: in function 'show_info'
factorio-codex/build/QuickSearch.lua:299: in function 'gui_action'
factorio-codex/build/events.lua:73: in function <factorio-codex/build/events.lua:67>

1 year, 1 month ago

Can you please provide a list of mods you have installed as well as your Factorio version.
To make this part easier for you just create a new game and send it to me

Additionally it would help dramatically if you can do a one or two quick tests:
1. Does this problem occur in a completely new save game?
And if no to 1. :
2. Does this problem happen again in your save game and can you provide the log file after the mod crashes again?

You can find the log file in "%appdata%\Factorio" with the name "factorio-current.log" if you're under Windows, or just take a look at the wiki if you're not on Windows https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory#User_data_directory

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Hi, so in new save it works normally but crashes in already existing save when i click on pretty much anything.
Factorio version is 1.1.76 and its mainly Bob's and few extra mods.
Save and log (hopefully the correct one) in zip bellow.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFw1mi0SFwhJbueQRk89tO3BrCCIvVzc/view?usp=share_link

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

This crash should be fixed with the next release. Let me know if it doesn't.
Also there exists a workaround but its not really practical: Every time you load the game have someone join you

New response