Fire extinguisher

A fire extinguisher

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Future Ideas

7 years ago

First of all, I love the mod! Definitely needed.
You asked about reducing the range, and while I agree the range should be reduced, I think that 60-75% is a bit harsh. As for the Firefighting Car and Turret: I cannot wait! Also: Perhaps add a new vehicle, (a red coloured tank prehaps?) That carries a large tank of water and puts out fires (like a fire-truck). The Turret could be just like the fire turret but it shoots water. Cannot wait for future updates, keep it up!

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi!, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I've since changed my mind a bit about nerfing it, I tryed reducing the AOE while I was working on ground the texture (That i've since removed) and quickly changed my mind as I could barely keep up with small fire.

Also not sure about the water for the tank vehicle, It's a fire extinguisher that put oil fire out for the most part, so ABC powder extinguisher is the way to go. It could just use the main gun ammo.

But I'm considering water for turret. The powder recipe would be too expensive to be worth it for them anyway.

If you can go into detail about how you imagine the turret would work that be useful. I imagine it will scan an area for fire. But what king of fire should it put out. tree only? should it wait for all bitter to be dead before extinguishing. So to be sure that it wont work against the flame turrets. Most building can't event burn so I don't think it will be used to point at base. So what is it for?

7 years ago

The Turret could be used in a number of situations I would imagine. Obviously forest fire prevention is the ideal use case, but it could also be valuable for machine fires and fires within factory walls (which won't happen in vanilla, but a mod I use adds incendiary spitters).

I imagine it would work by having a larger effect radius then the flame turret, but also have a longer minimum range (further then the flame turret's minimum range where it cannot shoot close objects that is).

This way, placing a extinguisher turret behind a flame turret would result in an area where the flame turret can shoot, but the extinguisher cannot, where as at a further range again, the both the extinguisher and the flamer can shoot, and at the furthest range, the extinguisher has effect, but the flamer does not.

This would form an "effective range" where the flamer is free to burn, but if the flames spread to far out, they fall under the extinguisher's range, where they are promptly extinguished.

TL;DR, flamers can burn anything in its range, but if the fire spreads further then the range of the flamer, the extinguisher will put it out.

5 years ago

we need a "fire suppression turret" two mods i use causes my reactor to ignite and detonate, blowing up my base power grid. anyone who is skilled with mod development please make it.

New response