Extended Research System

Did you ever felt, that the advanced tiers of Belts, Inserters, Ammunitions or even the Assembling machine 3 are only decoratives? Ahh of course not, but did you ever thought about that, they are somewhat unimportant features? You just could launch a rocket without building any of them... Not any more! This mod helps you solve this riddle, you have to build the advanced tiers of those, if you want to advance in the Tech tree.

Content
7 days ago

g [Solved]Mod compatibility with Recursive Science

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

After recent updates, it seems that Extended Research System mod stopped working with another mod called Recursive Science. Advanced science packs (mk 2 and higher) no longer require previous types and tiers of usual ones. Could you please look into it and see if it's possible to fix this issue?

2 years ago

Hello first_aid_kit

Can you describe your problem a little bit more? As I loaded up the two mods together, I could not found your problem. Do you use any other mod(s)? What factorio and mod versions do you use?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

You're correct; it seems that these two modes alone work together just fine.

I use a bunch of handpicked mods, so there should be a problem with one of them. I'll reply which mod(s) make extended research packs not use the vanilla ones soon.

2 years ago

Among all mods i have, Bio Industries and its dependance, Factorio Standart Library, are the reason Extended Research System and Recursive Science weren't working together. As for why - i don't have a single idea.

Thank you very much for help! Now, i can continue playing dead space mode in factorio again.

New response