Extended Research System

Did you ever felt, that the advanced tiers of Belts, Inserters, Ammunitions or even the Assembling machine 3 are only decoratives? Ahh of course not, but did you ever thought about that, they are somewhat unimportant features? You just could launch a rocket without building any of them... Not any more! This mod helps you solve this riddle, you have to build the advanced tiers of those, if you want to advance in the Tech tree.

Content
7 days ago

i 4 tiers

3 years ago

In the base game, science packs are organized into 4 tiers:
Early-game (automation, logistic) science packs give 1 per craft
Mid-game (military and chemical) science packs give 2 per craft
Late-game (production and utility) science packs give 3 per craft
The post-game (space) science pack gives more than 3 per craft
I’d like to see this mod also follow that pattern. Here’s what it’d look like:
T1 techs can use automation, logistic
T2 techs can use automation 2, logistic 2, military, chemical
T3 techs can use automation 3, logistic 3, military 2, chemical 2, production, utility
T4 (infinite) techs can use automation 4, logistic 4, military 3, chemical 3, production 2, utility 2, space

3 years ago

Hello Mecejide!
The way i choosed these recipes is the value of each Science Pack, I took their resource demand (which is the ingredients what popping up in-game) and multiplied by some sort of weight, and summed all together and divided by ther result count.
I tried to build some order into it, that the more advanced techs are more expensive, but still not as expensive as the space science.
I did an excel table, which has a (OneDrive) link: https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArEt1o58jtGagtEwpDpnk1krWJSDlg?e=zT6QiS
If you can not open it here is the sum-up of it:
---------SP1--LSP1--ASP2---LSP2---MSP1--CSP1---MSP2--ASP3---CSP2--PSP----USP----LSP3----ASP4---MSP3----SSP
Value---3.00--7.00---14.13--24.50--24.50---24.75--39.55---42.00--51.13--93.17--96.99--123.90--161.00--183.92--212.80

New response