Expanded Rocket Payloads

Adds several new teirs of functional satellites and other payloads to expand gameplay into the space age.

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

i "radar"

5 years ago

I have a potential idea for a satellite, which let's you designate an area on the map and reveal it like a radar normally would. Sans power and pollution effects since it would be obital.

Or maybe a relay you can place that will act like the radar but "better" I depending on the number of satellites in orbit. But also with minimal power usage and pollution.

I don't know if this is possible, or if it can even be done without a ton of lag.

Anyway this seems to be a great mod so far, and anything that expands the end game is awesome. Also congrats on the Xterminator spotlight.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks!

Interesting idea, I just looked at the radar entity files and It looks pretty modable. Its probably possible to set up the satellites so the player could tell them where to radar like the ion cannon does with its lasers, but that would involve a lot of scrips and I am not that good at them yet :P

And yeah a super powerful radar could be good, I'll see what I can do there, maybe make it a bit different to what the Mod Big Brother does. Might not come for a little while as I am working out release bugs, it will go in the long term plans next to integration with bob's/angel's mods.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I think Big Brother just adds technology for improving already existing radar entities.

There was a mod, I think called useful satellites that made launching satellites into space improve the radar entities, but if I recall it was kinda buggy.

EDIT: It was called Satellite Radar and was never updated to 0.16.

5 years ago

I love this idea as well. I can launch so much into space and the tech is insane, but still using the 2 dollar radar everywhere. Would love an upgraded or orbital radar system :D Keep up the good work!

New response