Even Distribution

Modifies CTRL + Click Drag to evenly distribute the items over multiple buildings. Also adds Inventory Cleanup hotkey (SHIFT+C) which evenly distributes unneeded items from inventory into nearby machines.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Shift-C to Machine Outputs

3 years ago

I use Shift-C all the time its fantastic. Very good job on this mod!

I would like an option to have Shift-C to dump to the outputs of machines as well. Right now it only dumps to machines inputs. This way I can completely saturate a entire section of my factory if I need to empty my inventory after a big tear down and rebuild.

3 years ago

I like that idea. Going to add an option for it in the next version! :)

3 years ago

Cool! Thanks!

3 years ago

Just added it in version 1.0.4

I encountered an unexpected behavior with this and made a github issue. Copying it here:

When I press shift-C while carrying tons of fuel, I expect Even Distribution to dump fuel (up to a set limit) into nearby machine fuel slots. This does occur.

But the mod additionally places a stack of fuel in the furnaces' output slots, which inserters place on my furnace array's output belt. This has the potential to cause all sorts of problems elsewhere in the factory.

NOTE: I play with a ton of mods. This is my first playthrough with Space Exploration, and the issue involves a fuel type introduced by that mod. I do not know if the issue is specific to this item, or all items from Space Exploration, or fuels from all mods, or all fuels.

3 years ago

As much as I like this idea, when I clean out my outputs for a furnace or something and then ctrl-c it puts the items into the output slots again. This needs to be an option to disable filling output slots if it's gonna be something implemented.

3 years ago

Fixed in v1.0.6. This was just a bug, now fuel only goes to the fuel slots.

Fixed in v1.0.6. This was just a bug, now fuel only goes to the fuel slots.

Cheers!

New response