Even Distribution

Modifies CTRL + Click Drag to evenly distribute the items over multiple buildings. Also adds Inventory Cleanup hotkey (SHIFT+C) which evenly distributes unneeded items from inventory into nearby machines.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b ED tries distributing to all structures, not just those which can use the item

3 years ago

When playing 1.0 I could ctrl-click and drag over ineligible targets - let's say a furnace assembler with steel on my cursor - and it would ignore those targets. Now with 1.1 it tries to insert things into those targets anyway, despite them not being able to accept the input.

This results in incomplete distribution, and other weirdness as well. Switching from "Evenly distribute items" to "Balance out inventories" makes this less severe, but still gives an incorrect preview of distribution, and a less 'even' distribution once the operation completes.

3 years ago

These are all known issues to me, but they are kind of hard to fix without destroying the performance and creating more weirdness. My old solution from 1.0 can't be used anymore without breaking some of the new mod features. I'll fix it all when I find a better solution.

New response