Even Distribution

Modifies CTRL + Click Drag to evenly distribute the items over multiple buildings. Also adds Inventory Cleanup hotkey (SHIFT+C) which evenly distributes unneeded items from inventory into nearby machines.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b .18.22

4 years ago

Seems to break the mod because of some Custom Input thing.

4 years ago

Same. 18.22 seems to have broken quite a few mods... FNEI also broke, and at that point I exited to revert to 18.21 until mods are updated.

4 years ago

How to fix: In data.lua change line 8 from consuming = "all" to consuming = "game-only".

4 years ago

I tried the thing but does not work thanks for the info

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

In version 0.18.22 they removed a long deprecated API for handling input keys.

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84435
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/CustomInput
https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/ConsumingType

game-only might not be the right choice. That says your mod will get hot-key presses and the base game will not. The other choice is none, which says that if both the base game and your mod handle a particular key sequence, both happen. I suspect that's the better choice since you aren't intentionally overriding base-game functionality.

4 years ago

I changed "all" to "none", bound Shift-C to both inventory cleanup and clipboard copy, and confirmed both actions are triggered on keypress. Other than that expected caveat, the mod works again with this change.

4 years ago

people dont even read before they post, do they?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Deleted

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

people dont even read before they post, do they?

I report the error message so that it gets fixed, i don't wanna play a homemade version forever.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

How to fix: In data.lua change line 8 from consuming = "all" to consuming = "game-only".

Seems to work for me.
Thanks

4 years ago

Came here to report this also, looks like there are two PRs sitting on the github repo to fix this. Hopefully it'll be merged soon.

4 years ago

Has this been resolved or does it still happened

4 years ago

Download it and see. It's really annoying to get all kinds of notifications from people who can't do basic research (if you look at the downloads page you can see there has been nothing uploaded for quite some time) and have nothing to add to the conversation. We're all waiting for the mod author to show up and do something, not some random person to post yet another "My mod is broken!" post.

4 years ago

If you download my fix mod it works again but if you don't want to be helped...

4 years ago

Fixed in version 0.3.18

4 years ago

Thanks a lot for the fix.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Is it possible to lower the required factorio version for this fix to 18.21?

If you've currently pinned your version to 18.21, the only way to get this fix is to update to 18.x, disable the mod, restart, update and enable the mod, and restart again.

What's worse is there is no way to know this mod has an update that fixes this if you are currently on 18.21 without checking this thread or updating factorio base and checking for mods there.

3 years ago

I don't understand? Download version 0.3.17 here from the portal, works perfectly fine with 18.21

New response