Electric Boiler

by Mobius1

Adds an Electric Boiler building, compatible with bob's mods. Blue glow based on ElAdamo's Gas Boiler.

Content
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Power

i [#006][0.18.2][0.17.4]fluid-handling

4 years ago

Great stand-alone mod. I've been using it for as long as it's been around. I recommend you move the electric boiler to the fluid-handling technology because that's where it should be and then it would be normalized with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/adamo-cinefaction. Thanks.

4 years ago

The regular boiler is enabled by default in vanilla game, its like your character already know how to heat water to produce steam, the electric version is just a different fuel input that came after knowing how to make electricity automate your factory processes.
I mean, fluid-handling would be a tech that teaches you how to manipulate liquids and gases, from my logic thinking, so since I'm replacing hard coal with electric energy, that's not a fluid handling thingy, its an electronic upgrade thingy I think.

Since you won't be using electric boiler on early game anyways since it produces as much as it consumes, you would only want to use it for coal liquefaction, so I was thinking on maybe putting the boiler locked behind electronics 2 tech but that would make it be mid-late game where the boiler entity is a starter game thing, I don't know, what you think?

This thread has been locked.