Electric Vehicles: Reborn

Electric vehicles running on battery energy. Based on mknejp's Electric Vehicles mod.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Transportation

i Suggestion in orientation #:

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for your interest in reliving this marvel of mod.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I already have a possible feedback on the current state of the mod with respect to its use, in my case, just how do I use it? with which other mods I use it and I believe that in certain aspects it gives many unnecessary conflicts, or contributes without need of.

What drove me here, what I was looking for here. The need to improve the transport network and incorporate improvements, mostly, from other mods. Many other mods already include their vehicles. Some have a grid, others do not.
Some mods, Bob's have their own equipment and grids, for vehicles. AAi has many other vehicles and does not interfere with this purpose. Another mod contains a variety of locomotives, electric and a somewhat unusual way to feed them.

Well arrived at this point having an amalgam of equipment that generates electricity and batteries on one side and on the other a huge variety of vehicles that do not have compatible equipment either. Bob, s implements a new layer for the equipment inside the vehicles.

I finally find myself here, where it could be said that I find a diamond in the rough. A possibility of having equipment grid in all vehicles, to be able to use these equipment in the power supply.

Taking into account these aspects, I think that the future of this mod may not be in covering several points at once, but perhaps in seeing where to position it and its benefits.

A mod that contains the compatibility of the grids, their equipment and makes a cross between equipment and grid of vehicles to be able to feed them, for me it would be indispensable, in the long run, a way to relate this aspect and standardize it, among the other mods. The transformer is simply something that all mods that have grid or vehicles need.

That's why, if I think that separating this functionality and improving its compatibility between mods, I think it would be key. Aim for a place where nobody else has tried.

A note too, the regenerative brake can drive an electric locomotive for ever. In a circuit, if you do not interrupt it and still have charge to brake, restart and reach the maximum speed. It may be a bit broken for me.

In summary. Divide between "The transformer" and "electric vehicles" to improve the compatibility aspect of the first, I think it is, at the moment the best option. At the time, some time ago, comment something similar. But already having mods of vehicles, mods new types of trains, mods that add equipment, mods that add the grid to vehicles that do not have it. There is no other, that does what it does, the functionality of the transformer.

5 years ago

So basically you are talking about making the contents of this mod available to any vehicle in the game?

5 years ago

Yes, as I see it, in fact, very useful. All other mods, can benefit too.

New response