Electric Vehicles Lib: Reborn

Contains all the support code that allows for electric vehicles and their recharging. Powers the the Electric Vehicles: Reborn mod. Based on mknejp's Electric Vehicles mod

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

b Locomotives with higher power blink fuel empty while running

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm trying to add new locomotives using EVLib:R, and I'm seeing a weird behavior for high power units. I made a 2MW locomotive by copying the 1MW locomotive and changing only the power. I load it up with a bunch of fully charged batteries and one or more HV transformers, and some fusion generators. It drives, but you can tell it's not twice as powerful as the old one, and the "out of fuel" icon blinks the whole time I'm driving. If I set my custom locomotive back to 1MW it works normally. I also tried doubling the buffer and transfer size of the HV transformer equipment, but got the same result. 1.5MW also flashes out of fuel.

Is there a limit on how much energy it can transfer to the burner at a time? Is it not possible to make a locomotive more than 1MW with EVR Lib?

5 years ago

I don't know, haven't tested that behavior, I'll check it later today.

5 years ago

I found the problem! It's actually in Electric Vehicles Reborn. The prototype for the hi-voltage-transformer equipment has a typo, setting its buffer capacity in "MW" instead of "MJ" (equipment.lua, line 69). Somehow the game interpreted this as the equivalent of about 1/5 of the intended value, hence anything much over 1MW locomotive consumption would run out of energy before the next tick. Once I fixed that, MU Control mod is fully compatible.

5 years ago

Okay, have you made a push request or do I do it?

5 years ago

My pull request you merged this morning is all it needs. At least one person is eager to try it out whenever you can push it to the mod portal.

5 years ago

Ok, adding the updated version to mod portal.

This thread has been locked.