Electric Vehicles Lib: Reborn

Contains all the support code that allows for electric vehicles and their recharging. Powers the the Electric Vehicles: Reborn mod. Based on mknejp's Electric Vehicles mod

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

g effectivity

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

For example trains have their effectivity calculated by the burner, but since the energy gets added via script, it will always be 1. (tried friction_force, effectivity or effectivity in the burner but couldnt figure out a solution)
my idea would be to read the entity.prototype.burner_prototype.effectivity to calculate how much energy would be added.
i think it would eat too many ups to read the burner effectivity at every tick so i would store it in a global table that gets flushed every time the configuration gets changed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3mthja42kdxbd2/electric-vehicles-lib-reborn_0.1.0.zip?raw=1

5 years ago

I don't really understand you. Are you talking about the effectivity of the vehicle engine?

5 years ago

yes, so we can give trains a higher energy consumption without increasing their acceleration

5 years ago

So then how about making different tiers of effectivity? That would get more interesting with the thing you asked.

5 years ago

hmm interesting idea.. you mean they get more efficient from research?
but i gotta admit i have already copied big portions of your mod for mine (of course i gave credit and its still compatible)
My idea was making e-trains a late-late-late game vehicle, for when you can afford many fusion reactors or have a nice network with induction charging, because it's much less efford to create an electric train than to refill normal locomotives or diesel locomotives (using these as mid-game vehicles)

5 years ago

Ok, so if you know how to do these things (which I assume you do based on the way you wrote), just pull a branch off on mod's GitHub page and make the modifications you want. I'm not really that good at Lua and I don't have much time right now. I'd be very grateful.

New response