EasyRoboportPlacement

Eases Roboport placement by making ghost Roboport range visible in Alt-Mode

Utilities
6 months ago
Logistic network

i Roboport connections?

6 months ago

I assume potential roboport connections between ghost roboports\existing roboports and the one in player's hand are planned? If not that d be a damn good thing to implement, if its possible. This is a great start to cover that longstanding oversight though, thank you a lot for this mod.

6 months ago

Thank you for your kind words =)

The project started with this idea in mind and i will try to add lines between placed ghost roboports and existing roboports.
It requires some tinkering as the connections will be bound to the ghosts and need to be reorganised whenever building order differs from placing order, but i already know how to sort this out.

As for the ones in hand/cursor, sadly i've had difficulties to implement this.
The biggest problem is to find out if there currently is one in player's hand. I found a way to check for actual entities via event, but i wasn't able to find one in case the player "picks up" or "drops" a ghost entity in his hand. (Help is welcome)
As the mod is all about ghost roboports, not having some in the inventory is quite a common case.
I will test how much it impacts UPS if i just check on_tick, but i'd prefer to not have a constant hit on UPS even though it should be very slim. (i would only need to calculate stuff after checking cursor content)

Another relevant case are blueprints in hand containing roboports, i didn't look into that yet and i'm not sure if i will. As soon as the BP is placed, it turns into a case 1 problem, which will be covered in near future.

New response