Early Construction

Adds early game construction robots to greatly improve the quality of life of base building. Uses the standard Factorio portable roboport mechanics. Inspired by Nanobots. Compatible with Bob's Electronics.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Implemented - Using the early bots in a regular roboport

4 years ago

I tried it, just to see, put an item on the ground, order it to be deconstructed, and put some early bots in a roboport. As expected it didn't work, but I hoped it would.
What happened : robot left roboport, picked up the item, and immediately disappeared (along with my item).
What I expected : robot leave roboport, pick up the item, does whatever it has to do with it (put in on chest, build something with it ...) then disappear.
Thoughts ?

4 years ago

There's a few reasons for this. Firstly, the purpose of the mod is to be early game robotics, once you have roboports, you also have the technology to make robots, so you can just use regular robots. You just have to set up the production chain.

It's the same reason why the equipment cannot go into modular or power armor, once you reach that point in tech, it's no longer "early" game, and you can just use the more affordable base-game robots.

As for practicality, allowing them to work in roboports shouldn't be different from allowing them to work normally. I can look into adding it as a setting, so that people can choose for themselves whether they want it to work or not.

4 years ago

That's be nice, i got the technology and resources to make roboports, but I don't yet have batteries to make regular robots, so right now I mass produce early robots and use 2 early roboports in my armor and just build everything this way :3

New response