Early Construction

Adds early game construction robots to greatly improve the quality of life of base building. Uses the standard Factorio portable roboport mechanics. Inspired by Nanobots. Compatible with Bob's Electronics.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Resolved - Crash when a player dies while robots try to mine something

4 years ago

Hi Aidiakapi,
the following error occured when my charakter got killed while some of the construction bots tried to mine something:

17133.343 Error MainLoop.cpp:1173: Exception at tick 3732400: Mod Early Construction

Error while running event early_construction::on_tick (ID 0)
__early_construction__/control.lua:79: attempt to index global 'event' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__early_construction__/control.lua:79: in function 'on_tick_pending_destruction'
__early_construction__/control.lua:53: in function <__early_construction__/control.lua:48>

4 years ago

Thanks for reporting! The crash should be fixed now. Though I'm still not sure what the best way to handle this situation is. Currently, it just leaves the bots hovering until something kills them.

4 years ago

Thanks for your extremely quick fix! In my opinion letting them hover at the position is not that problematic. Most probably they will be destroyed by the same source that initially killed the player.

4 years ago

Yeah, though only if you die to the biters, not if your evil multiplayer buddies drive over you :). After some testing, I've figured out that they will just return to some logistics network once in range, and if they're just hovering there, you can always shoot them down.

The only quirk is that if they were returning to you with items whilst you died, it'll give a message to your force that they're only supposed to be used with personal roboports, which it does because the personal roboport they belonged to just "went away". But I think that's fine.
Thanks again for reporting though, that helps a lot :).

New response