Early Construction

Adds early game construction robots to greatly improve the quality of life of base building. Uses the standard Factorio portable roboport mechanics. Inspired by Nanobots. Compatible with Bob's Electronics.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Answered - How is it different Nanobots: Early Bots

5 years ago

You should describe how this mod is different from the Nanobots: Early Bots

5 years ago

It's there already: "uses the standard Factorio portable roboport mechanics", also thumbnail/screenshot shows standard robots (though with a little different tint) doing the work.

5 years ago

Exactly as Naoya8 said!

I always liked Nanobots, but it often glitched out, was sometimes incredibly slow, and sometimes just outright stopped working. That's why I made this mod, which does something very similar, except that it just relies on the same systems that personal roboports use, you get an equipment and shove it in an armor, and it just works.

5 years ago

What made me uninstall nanobots were occasional bugs (most often when lots of ghost stone bricks entered range) and it's somewhat cheaty feel - instant placement using tech which name suggests it should require space science (or at least yellow one) before I even research diesel. So going with that thought: thank you Aidiakapi for your awesome mod! Early bots are slow but are great for more complex blueprints and are pretty affordable.

5 years ago

Fair enough. I meant no disrespect.
I searched for "nanobots" and this mod showed in results as well.
I haven't used Nanobots when I posted this question so I had no clue what the difference was.
I was just tired to build things manually, 1000+ hours veteran here.
I was trying to decide which one would work for me better in my very very early deathworld marathon game.
I think I'll have switch to your mod since nanobots aren't doing it for me either. Especially with all the new copy paste style.
I think what threw me off is that this mod is "inspired by Nanobots" (which is fair) so I assumed it was Nanobots with a twist. I think your mod is more inspired by the regular bots.
Thank you for making it!

5 years ago

Don't worry, I don't think you were disrespectful at all. I can see how that part is rather confusing if you're not already familiar with Nanobots.

The main thing I take away from Nanobots is that these early robots themselves are a consumable resource, as opposed to a rechargeable robot. I think it gives an interesting dynamic of trading some resources for convenience. They're relatively cheap though, because otherwise it'd become too expensive, especially when laying belt and rail, or for clearing forests.

Thanks for the endorsement, it's always very nice to hear that someone is using and enjoying something you created :).

New response