Distribution Centers

by Sladki

Distribution Centers are structures capable to transfer items to adjacent inventories.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

b Possible desync related bug

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Let me preface and say that I play in a way that is probably pretty non standard. I host a server on one machine and join it via multiplayer. I went this way because I play with my siblings who live in different areas. I am continually running into an issue in this configuration where when I engage the distribution center (turns on your script in the mod using the "S" configuration), I am disconnected from my server for desync and it gets stuck in this loop until I turn the mod off. Can you think of any reason why this might be? I'm trying to make sense of the logs but I'm not very familiar.. I'd be happy to provide them but the "dsesync report" comes with multiple files in a zipped format so It may be better to share via email or some kind of drop. If you'd like I can send them to you via your preferred method.

Thanks

4 years ago

Hi, this is the standard way to play.
You can upload zip file to any file hosting (Mediafire, Mega, Dropbox or any other) and post a link here or sende me to alt.yq-7ol4498f@yopmail.com
Could you provide steps to reproduce the bug?

4 years ago

I'll spend time this afternoon/this evening and troubleshoot further and write up a more in depth description along with whatever logging I can produce. Perhaps I can get more color from enabling more verbose logging. Details to come, thanks.

4 years ago

Sorry -- unexpectedly was able to work this week. I'll update this weekend.

4 years ago

I'm unable to reproduce my issue now so I'm going to put this to bed for now--No action needed. I'll report if anything else comes up.

4 years ago

Ok. Why do you think that DCs is a cause of desync?

4 years ago

It happened to occur when I engaged the mod entity but it looks like it might not be you after further research:

https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-340

New response