Dirty Barrels

Barrels need to be cleaned with Steam or Water before using them again.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

g Requesting Barrels

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi TwistedSoul, are you still working with Factorio?

My question is, (I'm not using your mod yet, but I'd like to) - currently if I have 2 factories (to test with), one making and distributing barrels, where I'd like to place your washing station, and one that is filling barrels with sulfuric acid. The receiver is my battery factory that empties the barrels and stores them to be returned to the barrel factory.
I'm on an LTN setup and if the sulfuric factory requests empty barrels from the barrel factory, it always tries to get them from the closest place which is my Battery factory, and not the Barrel factory.

Edit: I found a new one. This is without your mod. The Barrel factory is requesting empty barrels which it gets from ITS OWN factory. LOL. Yes, I'll try your mod. :D Barrels are a mess to play with.

When I use your mod is this what changes?
The barrel factory makes barrels, then the sulfuric factory requests the barrels, then fills them and ships them to the Battery factory which empties them and stores them as dirty barrels. The dirty barrels get stored and they are requested by the barrel plant that takes them in and washes them and places them in the barrels warehouse ready to distribute.
Does the Barrel plant always have a waiting request for dirty barrels? Currently this drives the LTN network crazy with messages - [LTN] No station supplying empty barrels.

3 years ago

Hi garyp156,
I made this mod just because I was using LTN and barrel logistics were a nightmare,

My barrel making/cleaning station requests a huge number of dirty barrels (to keep them coming back).
You can suppress the message about "no station supplying found, for this Requester." at the train stop with a special signal called "Disable Warnings", it's a yellow warning triangle with a red "NO" circle around it.

Give it a value of 1 and send it to the train stop that requests the dirty barrels.

I have a little circuit set up to "top-up" the clean barrel stock pile by making new barrels if the station drops below 100k and it's been 30 minutes since any dirty barrels came back.

That way I never run out of clean ones.

If the clean stockpile is full, my dirty barrel storage is completely full and new dirty barrels arrive, I simply destroy the barrels that arrived to make sure the system doesn't choke and dirty barrels always come back.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Awesome. Thank you for the reply.
I'll set that up. I do love the mod, I just set it all up.
I'm messing with a test mod I'm making for disable barrels. I can use them then melt them down back into plastic. The metal gets destroyed.
I was looking to see how you implemented the barrel process and it's super cool. I'll let you know how I do with that signal.
Thanks again.

I got the warning messages turned off. Thanks.

This thread has been locked.