Dirty Barrels

Barrels need to be cleaned with Steam or Water before using them again.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i soap to better clean those dirty things

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Why clean with only water? Perhaps water-soluble components such as sulfuric acid can be cleaned with water, but oil-based things should require some use of detergent. You'd probably make detergent in the chemical plant using petroleum gas or light oil with sulfuric acid. Or you could add alcohol--made with petroleum gas and water, and process alcohol with sulfuric acid to make detergent. Then you'd use mostly water and a little bit of detergent to clean those oily barrels.

Ethanol is probably a fluid already used in some other mods (maybe Bob's or Angel's, I haven't checked), so if you go the alcohol route, it'd be cool if you copied their ethanol graphic and item names so as to facilitate maximum compatibility between mods.

5 years ago

Hey :)

I appreciate the feedback!

Instead, I have opted to go down the Steam cleaning route which requires a little more effort than just plain water to get working.

Vanilla players will need a fuel of some sort to burn in the boilers but modded players can opt for electric or other fuel type boilers.
It's better than just needing regular water but I also didn't want to burden the player too heavily for using barrels.

But, It is something I will look into for the future, maybe make it an config setting.

Regards, TS.

Neat!

Simple is good. I don't want complexity, I am just a person who likes detergent. :3

5 years ago

hehe if you wanted to add more complexity, you could also add a recipe that creates a sponge (from some chemical/fiber) to go with the water, steam and detergent process :)

New response