Diffuse Resources deprecated

Changes resources (stone, coal, iron, copper) to be mixed and thinly scattered everywhere

Content
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.14
Mining

i Bob's ores

7 years ago

Do you think you can make it work with bob's ores?

7 years ago

Sorry for the slow response, this forum does not give notifications about new messages. I have not tested it, but I believe this mod will work fine with other mods like Bob's resources if you edit the configuration in config.lua; just list the other resources and how frequent and rich you would like them to be, following the example of the four vanilla resources.

If you would like more than minimal functionality for the other resources then you will need to make several other edits. The transparent graphics for the resources were made in GIMP and you will probably want to make the new resources appear transparent as well (otherwise they will look extremely distracting). There is a GIMP file in the graphics/entity/ subdirectory that has done most of the work for you.

If you would like there to be new technologies corresponding to the non-vanilla resources you should edit data.lua to add those technologies. This is very easy (just add a single line mimicking 'tech("stone")', etc.) except the new technologies will also require new graphical icons (in graphics/technology/), new text (in locale/en), and editing the function "update_research" in control.lua.

I believe that is all the changes you would need to make for the mod to support additional resources as well as it supports the vanilla resources. All of those changes are pretty easy except making the transparent graphics would probably be a lot of work (I spent as much time on that as everything else together, as I have very little experience working with graphics).

I won't be making those changes myself as I have not used Bob's ores and I suspect that this mod would not make for a very good gameplay experience when there are a large number of different types of ores (or maybe I am wrong about that!). If you do decide to make these changes I would be happy to help with any problems you run into. It is likely possible to make the mod automatically detect whether Bob's ores is installed or not and behave appropriately in each case, as well.

New response