Diesel Trains deprecated

Adds a locomotive for using light oil or heavy oil as fuel. Factorio 0.18 continuation of the old Diesel Locomotive mod. Compatible with both the original Diesel Locomotive mod as well as the 0.18 fix by archiehalliwell.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Trains

i Diesel

4 years ago

It Will be fine if were able to work with KS power diesel…

4 years ago

thanks for the hint. i didn't find any mods adding diesel so i removed it. support for KS power diesel is added with version 0.18.2

4 years ago

Pyanodon uses diesel and gasoline, but also kerosene and fuel-oil. Thanks to you :)

4 years ago

added support for pyanodon diesel in version 0.18.3

4 years ago

Thanks!!!

4 years ago

Do you have a config file we can add any fluid we want, like the original diesel trains did?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Do you have a config file we can add any fluid we want, like the original diesel trains did?

No currently not. the old mod actively went through all existing fluids and could work that way. This mod currently only looks for specific fluids. I assume to add custom fluids you would unpack the mod zip file and edit the config.lua file in there? I could write up something similar, but (especially for multiplayer games) it would actually be easier to just put a simple mod on top of this one that adds a new fluid to the diesel locomotive. I'll write up a guide on that tomorrow.

4 years ago

Yeah, unpack the mod is what I did. I have no plans to do anything in multiplayer, but you probably should make it easier if you do it.

4 years ago

i'll write up the approach using a custom mod. that's the quickest way for me. i'll look into adding a config file later, there are some caveats to consider there (e.g. what about barrels for custom fluids) so it may take some time

4 years ago

Yeah, unpack the mod is what I did. I have no plans to do anything in multiplayer, but you probably should make it easier if you do it.

I added a short write-up on how you could add custom fluids. while it may be a bit more involved than previously for me it still is the preffered way as it ensures nothing will break if multiplayer is involved. Let me know if you still require a config.lua file in the mod package.

https://github.com/ksmonkey123/factorio_dieselTrains/wiki/Adding-custom-fluids

4 years ago

I'm no stranger to modding, should be fine.

New response