Debug Adapter for Factorio Mods

An implementation of Debug Adapter Protocol for mods. For use with the associated vscode extension. This is a developer tool, not meant for actual gameplay. It is intentionally desync unsafe. Do not use it in multiplayer.

4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Extension Forcing update to 1.1

3 years ago

I'd like to continue to use the debugger for a 1.0 mod I'm working on. However, even if I go and manually pick a version (0.18.x) or even delete the 1.1 version of the mod it gets redownloaded and configured when I launch from VS Code. Is there a setting somewhere I missed or am I going to have to build for 1.1 now? (The rest of the mods I'm trying to put together for this pack are not all going to make it to 1.1 I don't think as I had to edit a few to even get them to 1.0.)

Thanks for a great tool!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You can select the old 0.18.x version of the extension in vscode to continue using the 0.18/1.0 api level

3 years ago

Thank you! I'm not familiar enough with coding to have known the terms to search for to pick the right version. Got it worked out.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@Nironwolf how did you fix this? Since the last update my breakpoints are not working anymore, it was working perfectly a month ago. I get this 0.324 Error Util.cpp:83: "--instrument-mod debugadapter" specified but named mod is not enabled in the log, the mod is not enabled because it set to be for Factorio 1.1 but I'm using 1.0

Never mind I've found it, in VS Code extension trying to uninstall the extension offers to install an older one. Just selected the 0.18 and now all works again. Happy days

3 years ago

Yeah that. :) Glad you found it. Sorry for the delayed message checking.

New response